Our Monthly interview with one of the ADAPTOVATE team. Each month we ask one of our team from around the world to answer a few questions. While not in the same league as The Proust Questionnaire – we think it’s a great way to share our stories with you.
Special COVID-19 11th question edition.
This month we sat down and spoke with Rachna Verma – a consultant in our Australian office.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. First up – how long have you worked with us?
2. Why did you join us? Were you in the industry previously, or looking for a new career direction?
3. How has your previous experience and career helped define where you are now? Would you have done things differently?
4. How do you balance your work life with your ‘real’ life – Do you have a good balance and how important is it to you?
5. With so many of our team remote working, we always like to ask how do you have your home office/desk set up? Organised or chaos? Any top tips?
6. Do you play music during your Agile workshops with clients? What do you recommend on your latest playlist?
7. How do you think technology has best helped humanity and do you have any concerns about our future?
- Drone technology to deliver vaccines and essential medical supplies to remote countries and isolated areas
- School children spending their pocket money to 3D print PPE equipment for healthcare workers
- Automakers and a collaboration of engineers, intensive care specialists, a manufacturing company and a university research facility creating ventilators I am concerned about the jobs of the future and how much they will be impacted by AI.
I think there are still some things best left to humans, I don't think you can accurately 'code' empathy Click To Tweet
8. Strategic Foresight allows companies to detect changes early and ensure action is taken quickly. Which companies have you seen able to change and adapt quickly. (and hopefully using Agile methods to do so)
- Rapid rollout of WFH technology. Projects that would take years were rolled out in a few weeks
- Accelerating small business loan approval process
- Automating ID verification for banking purposes
- Accepting e-signatures on bank documents
- Telehealth technology rapidly rolled out to provide patient care and safety to healthcare providers and patients
- Museums and galleries offering virtual tours of their exhibits
- Live theatre transitioning to videos of script readings and rehearsals
- Guided virtual gin tastings with the tastings posted to you
- Distilleries shifting production from alcohol products to hand sanitiser
- Luxury brands pivoting production lines to sew and create nursing and medical scrubs; and face masks
9. What does success mean to you personally?
10. Finally – You’ve time travelled back to your 10- year old self – What advice would you give?
Have an open mind, believe in your abilities and seize every opportunity. You never know where it might lead you.
Special 11th Question – How have you found 2020, and working through life and work during COVID?
So it got me thinking of the benefits of COVID-19:
- It helped the client meet their project deliverables. I think the teams would have struggled to achieve them in normal circumstances but remote working brought us together and we achieved our goals with high alignment and high autonomy
- Time to slow down and focus on what is important
- The realisation of how little we actually need to survive
- How important the simple things really are and the difference they can make Technology has been a huge contributor to the effectiveness and success of remote working.
You can reach out to Rachna on Linkedin here