Andy specialises in Agile Transformation and coaching teams through the transition from traditional to agile ways of working. He has more than ten years of experience in business consulting, project management and financial services technology in Asia Pacific. Andy has experience working across many diverse cultures and regions, while appreciating the amazing results diverse teams can achieve. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Before joining ADAPTOVATE, Andy was in Accenture managing various programmes and projects across financial services firms in the Asia Pacific region. Prior to that, Andy spent time with DBS, Barclays Capital and Bank of America Merrill Lynch leading programmes and projects.
Selected engagements Andy has performed or led include:
- Supported leadership on the Agile mindset and functionality for each Centre of Excellence (CoE) across Asia business units for a global oil and gas company. Coached their business teams on Scrum and engineering teams on Kanban spanning Australia, Thailand, Singapore and China across the value chain
- Coached Tribe Lead/Product Owners (POs) and Scrum Masters (SMs) from 10 squads transitioning into the Agile ways of working, and conducted Agile Fundamentals classroom training for 120 POs and 100 SMs at a regional renewable energy producer in the Philippines
- For a major Thai bank, uplifted coaching capability of new internal Agile Coaches from initial recruitment to fully-fledged coaches as part of the new Agile Coaching Academy. Functioned as one of the senior Agile coaches in the Transformation Office and business function Tribe in the bank’s Agile transformation through parallel focus on classroom training and on-the-job coaching
- Led the Agile project delivery of Credit Cards business for the Hong Kong office of a UK-based global bank; Andy coached the project team on Agile which successfully delivered product MVPs consistently
- Planned and managed a digital transformation project transitioning from waterfall to Agile ways of working (using Scrum) for a Singapore-based regional bank
- MBA from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering (Honours) from the National University of Singapore
- Certified Agile Coach (ICP-ACC) – ICAgile; Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – Scrum Alliance; Certified SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) – Scaled Agile; Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMI